In the category "buy a motor boat" we talk about insurance. We are in Spain, in Empuriabrava, despite our international client we support you so that you can take out the appropriate insurance with a Spanish agency. Indeed, we can insure motor boats with an international flag.
We are going to talk about the necessary documentation to be able to have adequate insurance for your motor boat and we will give 3 tips to avoid making mistakes.
The necessary papers
The necessary papers to be able to have insurance for your motor boat are:
- The navigation license of your motor boat
- A Spanish bank account number for an automatic payment; a bank card for a manual payment
- A national identity document (DNI, NIE) or international (passport) *
* With some insurance companies a national identity document is required, such as the DNI or NIE. We can help you with these steps. Contact Us.
For us, choosing the right insurance for a motor boat and reading between the lines of a contract is very simple. On the one hand, we have been accompanying you in these steps for years and on the other, we are surrounded by a trusted agency located near us, not far from our office in Empuriabrava - Costa Brava - Spain.
We work with an agency in an absolutely transparent way with you. We are simply here to accompany you, you know everything.
Going into details here would take too long. In person, he is much more fluid. In addition, each insurance project is different depending on the motor boat. In any case, we always insure a motor boat with all risks.
Tips for choosing the best insurance for your motor boat:
- Insure your motor boat for 10% more than the desired value. Why? In the event of a total loss, certain ancillary costs such as towing and destruction are not taken into account in the insurance.
- Choose motor boat insurance with extensive civil liability. Why? In the event of an accident involving damage to third parties, the repair costs of a motor boat increase rapidly.
- Safely store all invoices for technical and aesthetic improvements. Why? Sometimes the desired value of your motor boat will not match the market value and you will have to justify it.
Once the insurance contract of your motor boat has been validated, the start-up takes approximately 24 hours.
Remember that for a motor boat over 20 years old it is necessary to go to an expert to be able to prepare a maritime expertise.
- Via email, Click here
- Through our contact form, Click here